Tuesday, 3 September 2013

What have I been up to?

So what have I been up to? Well apart from applying for jobs and getting annoyed at the stupid amount of catalog distribution jobs in this town I have been doing what I do best......watching films and TV along side of gaming and spending time with the family and starting my new hobby, photography.

Films/TV
Due to being out of work still I have a fair bit of spare time on my hands and Netflix has quickly become my best friend. I introduced Emily to the wonder that is The Others. I got Emily to watch it because she loved The Woman In Black and I thought she might enjoy this period supernatural thriller as well. I watched House At The End Of The Street mainly because it stars Jennifer Lawrence but also because I had heard good things about it, yea it was ok I guess but nothing special. We watched Survivors together because we both have a love for end of the world and dystopia style programs/films, we get towards the end when we found out that they cancelled the show after series 2 and left it on a cliffhanger.

Games
I will hold up my hands and admit that my one vice is gaming. I don't drink or smoke so this is what I do. I have built up my Steam collection thanks to the Humble Bundle. I have also been able to buy a few games on the Xbox Live Arcade due to various sales and thanks to that I have been playing Max Payne 3 (amazing gritty neo noir game) and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom. I am also lucky enough to be a game reviewer for Gioteck and had the chance to review Rayman Legends (I will post a link to the review when its up).

General
When me and Emily have spare time together we like to see friends and family and had a few days in Bridlington to see family and we have fallen in love with the place. Back at home we have been going to the local park for the last 4 Sundays to see various bands playing and having a picnic with Emilys younger siblings and in doing so we have found a great local band called The Life And Times Of The Brothers Hogg, we never buy cd's but when they said they had some we were straight there.


So that is what I have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment